My mission is to inspire the dreamers and promote wellness.
If you tuned into the show tonight, here is a summary of what you learned.
Count Your Chemicals
It's common to count the calories in our foods, not so common to count the chemicals in the ingredient list. In my Count Your Chemicals segment, I will break down the chemicals in our most popular foods and beverages.
Name of food or beverage
Total number of chemicals listed
- Chicken Breast With Rib Meat
- Sodium Phosphates
Battered And Breaded With:
- Wheat Flour
- Bleached Wheat Flour
- Modified Corn Starch
- Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Monocalcium Phosphate
- Sodium Aluminum Phosphate
- Yellow Corn Flour
- Garlic Powder
- Citric Acid
- Spice Extractives
- Xantham Gum
Breading Set In Soybean Or Vegetable Oil
- Cooked In Vegetable Oil
- Soybean Oil
- Vegetable Oil [May Contain One Or More Of The Following: Canola, Corn, Or Cottonseed]
- Hydrogenated Soybean Oil
- Dimethylpolysiloxane [Anti-Foaming Agent]
COOKED IN THE SAME OIL AS MENU ITEMS THAT CONTAIN WHEAT AND FISH. CONTAINS: WHEAT.
3 toxic chemicals
A food additive an serve as a texturizer and texture-modifying agent. This form of sodium phosphate may be added for the purpose of changing the appearance or feel of the food. A texturizing agent is frequently added to increase the shelf life of the food.
One common type of sugar found in packaged and processed foods is dextrose. Dextrose is made when starchy plants -- primarily corn (and less commonly wheat or rice) -- are broken down into monosaccharides using enzymes, and to a lesser extent acids. Because it's from natural sources, dextrose is considered "natural," but it is still processed.
People who have diabetes might use dextrose tablets or gels to raise their blood sugar levels if they get dangerously low.
This weak acid has been used as an additive in processed foods for more than 100 years as a preservative, a sour flavoring, or an emulsifying agent. Because of its effective preservative properties, citric acid can be found in most canned and jarred foods to prevent botulism.
Citric acid is considered to be a harmless additive by food regulating agencies all over the world. However, public concern has arisen from its erosive effects on tooth enamel.
The side effects of excess sugars of all kinds have been linked to weight gain, cavities, lowered immunity, and an increased risk of many diseases – including heart disease, diabetes, stroke, certain cancers and even Alzheimer’s disease.
There are also questions about what part citric acid plays in acid reflux in infants who eat jarred baby food, much of which is preserved with citric acid. People who have peptic ulcers or other GI sensitivities may experience irritation from citric acid.
My Repeat Record is a record so dope, I gotta play it twice!
Song & Artist
Hello by Beyoncé
Why I love this song
This song makes me think about all of the wonderful reasons that I am so attracted to my lover. It serves as a great tool to help you to focus your attention and energy to the things that makes your relationship perfect for you.
My favorite part
You had me at hello. :)
Happy people have happy habits.
Name of habit
Fasting means to abstain from all or some kinds of food or drink, especially as a religious observance.
Fasting benefits extend to everything from better weight management, improved cardiovascular health, healthier blood composition, and better cell recycling, among many others. It also helps to:
- Boost your metabolism
- Improve your cardiovascular health
- Connect to the divine
- Helps you to connect to the divine
What and how we eat is a powerful reflection of who we are, and changing your eating habits is harder than breaking a drug addiction.
Each show, I will shine a spotlight on a Celebrity Vegan. It's easy to follow someone going down the wrong path, so I want to send love to those making positive lifestyle choices.
In the show, I'll share the Dope Details first. If you can guess the Famous Foodie, you will win a free download of The Borderline Vegan's Meal Planning Guide, as well as other special goodies!
Birthday & Sign
September 4 ~ Virgo
Singer. Actress. Mogul.
- She is allergic to perfume but she has three of her own fragrances: Heat, Heat Rush, and Pulse.
- Her favorite singer is Stevie Wonder.
- She has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- She gained the accolade of being the highest paid singer per minute by performing at a NYE party for five minutes and getting paid 1.25 million pounds.
- She earned over 30 singing and dancing competitions as a child.
- Beyoncé's pregnancy announcement earned the Guinness World Book of Records title for most tweets per second
- In September 2010 she was named The World's Most Beautiful Woman by People magazine.
- The visual album became the year's top-selling female debut only 27 hours after its surprise launch, and without any pre-release promotion.
- She made Grammy history in January 2010 when she became the first female artist to win six Grammy's in one evening.
In regards to food:
Name of food
Oyster mushrooms have been used for thousands of years as a culinary and medicinal ingredient.
Oyster mushrooms have significant antibacterial activity.
oyster mushrooms contain significant levels of zinc, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin C, folic acid, niacin, and vitamins B-1 and B-2. The study concluded that consuming oyster mushrooms as part of a healthy diet contributes to recommended nutritional requirements.
Vegan chicken and waffles
Pulled BBQ sliders
Summary and Reflection
Tell them what you are going to tell them.
Tell them what you told them.
I'm an educator, so everything that I do supports learning. Here are the learning objectives for this show:
- There are 26 chemicals in Wendy's chicken nuggets.
- Our new happy habit of the week is fasting.
- The repeat record was Hello by Beyoncé.
- Our famous foodie is Beyoncé.
- Oyster mushrooms are a great alternative to meat and chicken in recipes.
- The Motivation Minute came from Beyoncé
- And most importantly, love always wins.
New Music Needed
Know an upcoming rapper or singer? Leave a comment with their iTunes, YouTube, SoundCloud, or streaming info and they may be featured in my Hometown Hero segment.
In my Hometown Hero segment, I will play a track from a local talent that is up or either on their way up. I will hand pick each song, so it's best to let me choose my favorite track of yours. All songs must be original beats, no remixes.
I do offer advertising services for businesses, however you can NOT pay me to play your music.
I only play what I like. Point. blank. period.
Interested in advertising rates?
I have an option for you! 5 second spots up to 60 second spots. Contact me for more information on how I can help you grow your business.
You entertain angels unaware. Be nice.